We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Elgin Animal Hospital in St. Thomas, Ontario
We welcome the opportunity to meet you and your fur baby! At Elgin Animal Hospital our focus is on prevention and early detection. Our mission is to be an advocate for all pets that come to see us. To seek for the best possible preventative care and medical treatment in order to help you to give them the best outcome for their health, happiness and longevity.
We aim to teach you, their loving family, how to prevent and look for the early signs of disease before a major illness develops.
As a new client of our practice, you can expect our full attention to your pets’ needs. Our service will be provided with courtesy and respect. Our goal is to see all of our clients and patients on time, and although we have contingencies for emergencies, there will be times where the unexpected will create delays. We will ensure these are minimized as much as possible.
We are excited to meet you and your four-legged family members.
What is Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease (Borreliosis) is an infection caused by bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi. It is transmitted by deer ticks and can infect many different animals, including dogs, cats, and humans.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519.631.0430. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, & Saturday: 8:00 am - 12:30 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.